- Join RIPTA Riders – Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (401) 859-1341 or find us on Facebook.
- Contact your RI representatives. It’s the politicians who make the real decisions, and they need to hear from bus riders so they won’t ignore us. Call (401) 222-3983 to find the phone numbers for your your local assembly person and state senator. You can also find their contact info online at sos.ri.gov/vic.
- Contact the leaders of the State Government: Governor Lincoln Chafee at (401) 222-2080, Senate President Paiva-Weed at (401) 222-6655, and House Speaker Gordon Fox at (401) 222-2466. Phone calls are better than email.
- Come to the next Bus riders’ protest at the State House (Smith St. side, on #56/57 bus) at 1:30pm Wed Aug. 17th.
- Come to the RIPTA board meeting at 1:30pm on Mon Aug. 22nd. It’s at RIPTAheadquarters, 265 Melrose St., Providence (take #20 Elmwood Ave. bus, get off at Longfellow St. and go 2 blocks down Longfellow St. to RIPTA)
- Hand Out Flyers Download HERE
- Collect Signatures for our Petition Download HERE
How to Help
At the very least, please sign our online petition and spread the word about RIPTA cuts to your friends and family. But there are many more ways you can make a difference: